The Reluctant Popcorn Hug (Chinese 101: Pao Pao=hug; Pao Mi=popcorn XD)
"I ♥ Joseph Chang". Someone please make me a T-shirt out of that. This man has one hell of a talent, keeping me glued to the screen even till the BTS scenes of the show.
Warning: A Long Love Letter (&
Usually, my tw-romcom viewing experience has always been a head-banging one. Even for "hits" like Autumn Concerto, Hi My Sweetheart, Down With Love (and many more...). I just don't get it. Sure, some scenes are enjoyable but most of the time it feels so "unnatural" I had to look away or resort to headdesk-ing.
The absurd scenarios doesn't help much either (read: police car appearing within seconds of calling in Buffet Love. That pretty much killed it for me, and it was just its first epi.) Overtime, I have accepted my fate. This must be the norm in twdramas. It's just me, not Show. Is it because I understand the language? That can't be the case, since it's a hit with Chi subbers as well. I quietly watch the shows as I endured the "weird" scenes and then faked amnesia.
But now, *this*!! A ray of hope in my dry, scarce desert of my tw-romcom experiences! Thank you DTLY writer! Thank you Rainie! Thank you Joseph! <(_ _)>
Ahem, I will now explain what is happening in the preview for y'all who don't understand Chinese:
- Jie Xiu asks his colleague where the (construction) workers are. As expected from the previous episode, they are an unhappy bunch due to his outburst (which was justified imo). Not one worker is willing to work for him.
- The chairman sees this, Jie Xiu tells him that he will step down from the job if it can't be done.
- Xiao Ru persuades the worker (or rather, the foreman) to get back to the job.
- Chairman calls Jie Xiu's boss, saying he wants to "fire" Jie Xiu (fire spoken in En).
- Xiao Ru voiceover in Jie Xiu staring at laptop scene, trying to write his resignation letter: "If you just quit the industry like that, don't you think that it's such a waste?"
Lastly, a video telling us how successful this show is. The ratings rises week by week! Woohoo~ ヘ(^_^ヘ)(ノ^_^)ノ