Feb 8, 2011

Dream High OST: Can't I Love You? Translated Lyrics

OMG this is so embarrassing, I nearly committed another faux pas in blogging! - when they said that the song was sang by 2AM's Jinwoon and Changmin, I thought it meant 2AM's Jinwoon and the other Changmin (i.e the only Changmin I know, the DBSK one). It wasn't until I finished my translation did I realize that Changmin referred to 2AM's Lee Changmin. Whew! Close call >_<"
On the song, I admit I didn't really like it at first and I was only interested in translating this for the DH factor (I wanna know what the song means when it comes out in a scene). But after hearing it for more than 30+ times (due to translation works), it sort of grows on you. I especially like the chorus (the parts with the echoing of the BG singer). It's catchy and sweet. 
Which is also why I don't think this song represents what Hye Mi is to Sam Dong ('cause by default it's his turn after Jin Gook's), but rather it reminds of my fav Woo-U couple. Sounds like Jason's predicament, heh. My Sam Dong's love is more angsty, it ain't poppy *sniffle*

Can't I Love You? - Jinwoon and Changmin (2 AM)



Whenever I look at you, whenever you smiled at me 
Little by little, in me; little by little this heart containing my love for you is growing stronger

Now, whenever I think of you, whenever your face comes to mind
The non-stop thumping of my heart, will it stop just like that? 
No longer able to hide my feelings, I want to give it all to you

Always by your side (in front of your eyes), can't I love you?
More than anyone else I'll guard your heart, can't you accept it? 
In your heart (your heart), can't I be in it?
I want to be the one most important to you; please hurry and accept my heart 

Uh Uh Ohhhhh Oh Oh 
Because day by day my love for you is growing 
Rendering me unable to do anything all day
Now I can no longer hide my heart, it's already filled with you

Always by your side (in front of your eyes), can't I love you?
More than anyone else I'll guard your heart, can't you accept it?
In your heart (your heart), can't I be in it?
I want to be the one most important to you; please hurry and accept my heart

Listen to this heart of mine, if you understand answer me
Ohhhhh Oh Oh 

Always by your side (in front of your eyes), can't I love you?
More than anyone else I'll guard your heart, can't you accept it?
In your heart (your heart), can't I be in it?
I want to be the one most important to you, please hurry and accept my heart
Oh uh uh 

Please understand my heart 

A Woo-U fanart, entitled "Heartbeat" by 7

Credits: Baidu's DH in Chinese, translated to English by hellochloe