Apr 28, 2011

Spoiler In Words: Baby-Faced Beauty Episode 1 + Preview Vids

The song title is in Chinese (romanized), but make no mistake, it's a Japanese song through and through, courtesy of Gintama's OST. The singer's favorite manga happens to be Gintama too! :)
Wo Ai Ni (I Love You) - Takashi Hitomi & Beat Crusaders 

May, thou art evil. I swear this is a conspiracy between ACCA and all the major broadcasting networks in Korea to get me to fail my accounting papers. Dammit, why do they always have to air the good ones in May? 


Not that I'm complaining. Chinca, I'm not. *grumble grumble* I now have three upcoming series on my must watch list, namely Lie To Me, Best Love and Baby-faced Beauty (in no particular order, of course). How can ANY k-dramaddict say no to this holy trinity? That's not even counting possible contenders like Romance Town. Makes me almost wish that some will suck to ease my burden. Almost. *grumble grumble*


Spoiler In Words
Education-wise, age-wise or riches, there's nothing to be proud of for old maid Lee So Young (haha, for once an English pun in a kdrama!). She gets fired from her job in a fabric company. The attempt to find a new job has not been successful, but her story is just about to begin...
Not only does chaos ensues after her first meeting with a man in the nightclub, she lies about her age (and qualifications), using her sister's (Lee So Jin), and instead of 34 years old it becomes 25. As a result, she lands a job in a fashion company as a part-time fitting model.


This show has one of the better teasers out there: 
Teaser #1:


Teaser #2:


Finally, the 1st episode's preview:


KBS2's Baby-Faced Beauty takes over Crime Squad's Mon-Tue slot on May 2nd. 


Chloe Says: Ok, this is non-BFB related, but I just wanna report to my drama friends about what I'm catching up on so far: I'm kinda watching Midas, sleepwalking through the M&A's while lamenting the lack of progress between Jung Yeon and Myung Joon. When the IV Drip scenes are diminishing, I don't know whether to be happy or sad (I hope that just means he is getting healthier).


Things finally interest me in 49 Days. I suspect it's because I'm more invested with Jung Il Woo x Lee Yo Won's tragic romance rather than JHJ's with Nam Gyu Ri. I did the whoopee-dee-doo when I found out they weren't siblings. Thank god things are finally spicing up, keep those flashbacks coming please.


Manny, how I adore you. It has been awhile since I got interested in a show by the first episode. Interestingly enough, I love it despite the lack of romance (so far). I notice this usually happens whenever I watch a tvN show. Romantic love can take a backseat when it comes to family/ serial killers/ conspiracies in Joseon. Also, <3 the title. Manny (Man+Nanny - the obvious one, but also = Man+NY). How cool is that?