Dec 7, 2010

SuJu's Sungmin Cries for President

Oh, I'm such a sucker for a pretty boy's tears. There's something that tugs my heart when a guy shows his vulnerability like that. Remember Stars Falling From The Sky? They practically shot all their scenes at the bar or the pojangmacha. It was that intense.
In President, Sungmin plays the president's son who's a student at a top rated university but had always felt inferior compared to his father. He tries to help his father with the election process, but he screws up and is thus drinking himself to oblivion.
This is the first time Sungmin had to do a scene that required him to cry while drinking, and he felt the pressure. He said: "Yes there was pressure but I put myself in Jang Sung Min's (his character) shoes; why he felt so hurt, and how much he was hurting. The tears came naturally."


President is based on a manga by Kaiji Kawaguchi, whose works feature the choices people will make in extreme situations. But from what I can tell, the show is already different from the original since the manga is about a Japanese-American candidate vying for the presidency in America.


Nevertheless, the premise sounds like epic in the making. I missed the Giant boat, so I'm looking forward to this one. President will be replacing Fugitive: Plan B, premiering on 15 December for the Wednesday-Thursday slot.


Via ifeng