Nov 10, 2010

My Fav List: Mangas/ Manhwas

Have you ever find yourself in this scenario: You're following tons of dramas, but finding yourself not in love with any of the shows? Heh. Luckily for me, if dramaland fails me, I shall not fret, for I still have my mangas. Futhermore, many of the dramas nowadays are based on mangas, so what's better than to read the original material, right? 

Though I have to admit, I have not found any read-worthy mangas lately. So if you have any suggestions, please do tell me. Please note that I'm not into overly cute shoujo stuff and shounen mangas where the girl's boobs are as big as watermelons. I thank you in advance <(_ _)>

Top 10+1 mangas/manhwas I dig (in no particular order):
Ratings guide: ( Visual appeal + Storyline /  How much I enjoyed it )
*Mangas with explicit contents are marked 
*Readability--Mangas I've read more than once and still lovin' it

1)Goong/Palace (8/10) 

2)Bride of the Water God (8/6)

3)100% Perfect Girl (10/8) 

4)Skip Beat! (7/9)

5)Akuma de Sourou/ The Devil Does Exists (7/7)

6)Vampire Knight (9/8)

7)Parfait Tic (8/9)

8)Kimi wa Petto (10/10) 

9)Hana Yori Dango/ Boys Over Flowers (8/9) 

10)MARS (10/9) 

11)Nodame Cantabile (9/10) 

Notes: Like angst? 100% Perfect Girl is a total makjang-- I don't think I've read anything like it before. It's a manhwa and NOT to be confused with Perfect Girl Evolution (a.k.a Wallflower/Yamato Nadeshiko Shinchi Henge).

Special mention: I think ANYTHING by Motsumoto Tomo sensei is worth a read. The drawings aren't exactly the best, but the way she tells her stories are so riveting yet realistic. A must read for fans of slice-of-life genre.